Sunday, May 20, 2007

Still Blogging

Sorry Mago... I am still blogging and here's the latest updates:

Friday night I went to the band banquet with Josh. They served Mexican Pile On and during the awards, they announced Josh as one of next year's drum majors as well as for making all-state band. Josh also received one of the outstanding sophomore band students award as well. (He also received it last year as a freshman.) We got home around 8:15 and I watched the season finale of CSI Vegas. After that, I piddled around a bit and then went to bed.

On Saturday morning I slept in (woo hoo!) and then got up and headed to Amarillo. I went to Hobby Lobby, Joann's Fabrics, and Michaels in search of beads to make rosaries for my senior speech team students. I also went to the Catholic bookstore to get the additional rosary pieces I needed as well as some other things for my non-Catholic seniors. I had to go by Toys R Us as well because in addition to the rosaries/religious gifts I'm giving them, I also have a silly gift for them as well. I stopped by Taco Villa for my favorite lunch (a meat burrito grande) and then headed back to Canyon. I went to Walmart to get groceries and then came home. I started to take a nap, but then my aunt called. After visiting with her, I started to get ready for Church since I was scheduled to play for the 5:00 service. It was for the first Communicants and it was a very sweet ceremony. The kids were all dressed up and it was very cute. I basically sight read my music but did o.k. There were a few slips here and there, but overall it was o.k. I still don't have the stamina I used to and I was worn out quite a bit. I had to sit out for a refrain or verse from time to time because I just couldn't keep my embrochure up. I wore my out that I originally made for the talent show to church and got several compliments on it. It is actually pretty dressy. I'll try to get a picture posted of it soon. I had to pin the middle of the blouse so it wouldn't gape open, but I think it looked pretty nice. After Mass, I went with my friend Carol over to the hall to have cake and punch and then we went to dinner at Feldman's. We both ordered cheeseburgers and had a very nice visit. After dinner I came home and started working on the rosaries. I realized, however, that I didn't have any crimp beads so there was only so much I could do. I finished what I could, then went to bed around 11:00.

This morning I slept in again and then got up and went to get donuts. I also went to Walmart to get the crimp beads I needed. I came home and started to work on the rosaries. I finished the three for the students and now I'm working on a few others since I had extra beads. I am hoping that Josh will go out and mow the back yard sometime today. It's getting to a jungle state again.

I don't have any other plans for today except eventually doing the dishes and cooking dinner this evening. I also need to do laundry at some point. I wish I had more exciting things to share with you, but that's it for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Sorry"? I was just astonished, that there were some days without blog. You are such a regular writer that I just thought you must have quit.
Nice to see that you did not.