Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Progress Made

I accomplished quite a bit today at school. I gave my debate test to second period. All of them failed the test, but they all passed for the semester. I got my room cleared and things put away for the most part. That was a daunting task. I had piles everywhere. I finally just put the stacks of papers in boxes sorted by debate, interp, and comm. app. I cleaned out my desk and moveable shelves since they will take everything out of my room during the summer and do a somewhat deep cleaning. I had to move and organize stuff on my computer because they're going to do work on the teacher's stations and anything on the "C" drive will be wiped out. We have an "I" drive on the server where we can keep stuff, but I keep filling it up. I am going to back up all the files on there before leaving just in case, however. All my documents, tests, worksheets, etc. is on that drive right now and it worries me. I did back it up to my jump drive, but to be safe, I'm going to also burn a CD. I also had to clear all my emails because I'll lose all of those messages as well. I emailed a few things to myself at home but the rest I just deleted.

Tomorrow I have to start getting my signatures so that I can be done by noon on Friday. The only things that I can't finalize right now is the attendance stuff and my gradebook. I think everything else is done. I don't have any students testing during the first class tomorrow, but will have 3 at 9:45. Tomorrow is also our speech banquet so I have to take all my stuff with me. I am not sure what I'm going to do for 5 hours after lunch, but I'll think of something. I need to make a list of the things in my storage room that belong to the business dept. so that we can determine what can be thrown out. I guess that's what I could do during that time. I also have to label all my stuff in my room so it gets put back. I need to get a few things for one of my seniors that I almost forgot about. Well, I guess that's all for now.

4 comments:

Billy said...

I always thought the end of the school year was sad. But I would always get excited again in August when I went shopping for school supplies. I still love shopping for school supplies.

Leann said...

So what are your plans for the summer?

Terri said...

this is crazy busy time for you it sounds like, but you can see the finish line just around the corner. Enjoy your summer!

Anonymous said...

I'll be giving lectures 'til June.