Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Nice Mother's Day

We finally finished the outfit last night around midnight. It was a royal pain and the instructions were horrible. Luckily, my aunt knew more than I and she was able to do most of the blouse. I'll have to pin it in the center so that I don't flash the audience, but I think it's going to work and it looks pretty good. This morning I got up and got everything packed. My aunt gave me some money for gas and then I headed into ABQ to go to church. (My aunt lives in the mountains outside of ABQ) I went to a pretty nice church although they did some things differently so it was a little strange. They don't kneel at all during the Mass. They just stand during the consecration and then sit after communion. They also didn't have a recessional. When Mass was over, everyone just left as the choir sang. I guess you could say it was a more modern Catholic Church. They didn't have any hymnals and all the music was on a powerpoint thing. But I was glad to go and I headed home as soon as it was over.

When I got home, I discovered that Josh had mowed the front lawns which was a nice surprise, but even more so was the fact that when I walked in the door, he had a card and present for me. He gave me a very pretty cross with the story of Christ's resurrection printed on it. He got it from the Catholic bookstore of his own accord. I am constantly amazed at how thoughtful he really is. You'd think that maybe a teenage boy in high school might not be that way, but I guess I did something right in raising him.

Well, just two more weeks of school left. Really it's only a somewhat regular week and then the following week is mostly testing. I have two days of inservice the week after that and then I'm sort of off for the summer. Well, I don't have anything else to say. Have a good night.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Sounds like you had a nice time and I definetly hear you on sewing instructions. Do you have pics yet? Or are you waiting until after the big event? Good for your boy for doing it right :-)