Thursday, May 31, 2007

So much for a break

I had to go to inservice today. The state mandated a new law that states that schools cannot start earlier than August 27. In a sense, that is both good and bad news. That means that for the most part, we get a little bit longer summer. But it also means that there is not enough time during the year for the extra work days that we are supposed to have. So in order to have some other days off during the year, we had to come to two inservice days this summer. We had our choice for either doing it today and tomorrow or later in August. I decided it was better to get it out of the way. I did not want to take a break from the demolition going on in my house, but really had no choice. The inservice so far has been o.k., but not really very helpful. (No surprise.) They put us into random groups so I am sitting with teachers from elementary, junior high, pre-school, and special ed. I am not sure how this is really going to help me with my lessons on the high school level.

I have had some internet problems as well. For more than a day I could not access google or my blogger sign in page. Luckily it came down to an easy fix of just rebooting my modem and router. Now I am behind on reading blogs so I hope to catch up shortly. I should probably be ripping out the nail boards on the floor, but I just do not feel like it. I have not decided if it has been worth it to rip up the carpet. I think overall it is. I just hope that I can get a new floor in some time this summer.

Other than that, there's nothing new or exciting going on right now. Well I guess I'll go read those blogs.

No comments: