Sunday, May 27, 2007

Feeling restless

I don't know what it is but I'm feeling very restless and unsettled. I have several things I need to start doing around here, but can't get motivated to start doing them. I keep having fantasies of moving away and just starting over. I don't know where these ideas are coming from, but they're swirling in my head. Maybe I'm watching too much HGTV. I keep wanting to get a new/old house and fix it up. I need to work on my own house, but I like the idea of a fresh canvas I guess.

Yesterday I did nothing other than go to the grocery store. I slept late. Got up and either watched t.v. or got online or both. I googled people from my high school to see if I could find out any information on them. I did get a few hits here and there. I looked at houses for sale in places I might want to live. I checked into what it would take to get my master's degree. I actually have been considering the possibility, but I realize that I can't do anything for at least two more years. I can't get a loan because of my credit history. I keep thinking about what I really want to do with my life. For now, my job is o.k. I like it enough and it's been good so far. But I still think that perhaps this isn't what I want to do for the next 30 years. Well, maybe when Josh graduates in two years, I will have more options.

Someone asked me what my plans for this summer are. Here's a few things I have in mind so far:

Rip out the carpet in my living room and hallway.
Install a patio pet door.
Clean my house and garage (again).
Possibly play in summer band.
Go to Nationals in Wichita
Help with speech camp
Take a trip to Alabama and Georgia to see Andrew and ride some rollercoasters. (if Andrew doesn't mind)
Lose weight.
Read
Make rosaries
Sleep late
Watch t.v.
and find at least a few days to actually relax.

Well, I gotta get ready to go to Church. I'll try to write more often now that I'm home for a while.

3 comments:

Leann said...

Well it certainly sounds like you have a full summer's worth of activities planned. Dare I ask for a rosarie?

Vitit with Andrew? I"m so jealous. My son lives in Georgia....so perhaps one day on the way.

Summer said...

You made me laugh out loud with the garage (again) plan! I love your garage stories.

Give yourself a bit of a break and relax. You so deserve it.

Billy said...

Yeah for Wichita! Can't wait to meet you!