Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Time Flies When You're Busy

I've been staying up at school until 5:30 every day this week. My students have to perform their events for me before they are allowed to compete in the tournament. Some of them are waiting until the last minute - of course. They have been made aware that they if they are not performance ready, that they will have to drop and pay all drop fees. I've also been working hard on the debate files. I have to create some argumentation cheat sheets for my students. No, it's not a real kind of cheating... it's just sheets that help them make their arguments in the right order since they've never done it before.

During my lunch break I put price tags on all of my rosaries. I originally planned to price them according to my expense of making them with a little profit figured in, but it was too much work to try to remember what I paid for the beads and such so I just decided to make it simple. I'm selling them all for $15 each. I don't think I should price some over others because it's not for me to determine which are more worthy or prettier than others. That will recoup my costs and bring in a little profit as well. I think it's a fair price. It will also make giving change easier. I just hope some of them sell. My student that is my assistant during my conference saw them and she thought that they were great. She also gave me some business card sheets and I printed some business cards today. I have a free drawing planned (it was suggested as a way to get more people to stop by your booth). I'm giving away a free custom made rosary for the person that wins.

Tomorrow will be a long day. I have to stay after school and listen to students once again and then I have to go to the football game. Josh's game this week is on a Thursday and it's the last time they're doing their full show. Friday will be nice. I only have to go to two classes and then we leave for the tournament. We'll stop at Feldman's for lunch and then go to the tournament.

As soon as I got home tonight, I made pizza for dinner. It is one of my favorite meals to make and eat. I'm glad that I have leftovers to take for lunch tomorrow since I had my last bowl of soup today. I brought home papers to grade, but I'm fairly certain that I won't get to them. Thankfully I did some laundry last night. I'm going to watch Criminal Minds shortly and then fix some rosaries. I hope to get to bed before 10:00 tonight.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Good luck with the rosaries. I am excited for you and hope you do well. I would get my mother to buy one if you lived near. I would buy one myself as well cause you made it and I want to be closer to God. Have a great day today. I will wonder all day how your day went. Take care friend.

Jonathon Andrew

Andrew said...

Oh, I meant to tell you I had pizza last night as well. Great minds think alike! :-P

Eone said...

Hi there..it is indeed true..when we are so busy, 24 hours given seems not enough and will never enough :). Have a nice weekend !