Friday, August 12, 2005

A Break at Last

Well, at least somewhat of a break. I do get to sleep in tomorrow. But sometime tomorrow, I do have to go back up to the school and take some of my big pieces of furniture up there. My friend, Derek, has agreed to bring his truck and help me. My room has barely any place for storage so I'm taking at least one of my sets of shelves. I still don't have the extra tables I need for students so I think I may take some of the extras that I have in my garage. I really don't need them now that I've had the garage sale.
I finally got keys to my room and the outside door. I still need another key for my cabinet that has a lock on it and I need to be able to log into the computer. I guess it's a good thing that we don't have to take attendance on the computer the first day. I didn't leave until 6:00 this evening and I'm feeling completely exhausted. I hope I can stay up long enough to at least watch Monk tonight.
I still have a ton of things to do this weekend, but I'm going to try to put school stuff on hold for at least tonight. My head is swimming with school stuff and I'm too tired to think about it all.
I thought I was going to see Brian tonight but he once again is unable to make it. And I'm not really upset. I've pretty much decided that this kind of relationship is impossible... at least for me. I want someone that I can see a little more often than every month or so. I'm not sure what's going on in his head, but I've already been looking at other options. I may even have a date with someone else planned for Sunday. So far this new guy seems pretty nice. I've talked to him on the phone a couple of times. He did send me an email stating he thought that I didn't sound as interested in meeting as I did before, but I think it may have just been the fact that I've been distracted with work lately. So I hope I do get to meet him. And if not, well, I guess I'll keep looking. Or maybe I shouldn't look so much. Yeah, I say that all the time, but I just can't help it. I like dating and I still want to find the right person for me. I know, I know... I should leave it up to God and let him handle it all... but it's easier said than done, you know?

No comments: