Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Day Two

Well, I survived another day teaching high school. It wasn't bad at all. My worst class is 4th period, right after lunch and is all freshmen. It's also one of my largest classes. Some of my other classes are fairly small having only 12-13 students each. So far I think high school is far better than junior high... but it is still early.
I'm still frustrated by the fact that I can't log on to the computers. I keep complaining but nobody seems to be listening. Maybe I should start shouting.
I found out today that Friday is half a day for the students and the morning will be spent at an assembly. I had already scheduled to have a substitute on Friday afternoon and had to have that cancelled. My sister's wedding is this Friday.
I had to take Josh to Walmart today to get more school supplies. I can't believe how expensive school is getting. One teacher requires a 3 inch binder. Can you imagine needing to save that much stuff for one class? I have a 3 inch binder that hold all my teaching materials for several different classes.
Well, it's my bed time now and I need to head to bed.

No comments: