Thursday, August 25, 2005

Football game

I went to the football game tonight to watch Josh play. The band did well, but only played a portion of their first song. Luckily, the pit has a big part in that.
The football game was o.k., but I kept getting annoyed by kids that were not carefully watched by their parents. You know... running up and down the stands and being obnoxious. I don't think I ever lot Josh behave that way. Of course my memory may be a bit faulty. But it is very irritating.
It's amazing how things have changed since I was in high school. The stadium I was in had a screen on the scoreboard where the action was shown close up and had slow motion instant replays. It was quite impressive. And then there's things that don't really change. It's the same students for the most part. The band is playing the same songs in the stands. It brings back such memories. Band was probably one of the happiest times of my life. I had great friends, a great deal of fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I really miss it sometimes. I guess now I'll have to somewhat live vicariously through Josh.
Tonight will be a long night. I have to wait for the band to get back and Josh to call so I can pick him up. It sucks to have a football game on a Thursday night. Tomorrow I think I'm going to teach my classes how to play charades. The class periods will be shorter because of a pep rally and I think it will be pointless to try to do too much with them. A few of them need to finish the notes I gave today, but it shouldn't take too long.
I actually taught all day today and it's very tiring. I came home exhausted and tried to take a nap before going to the game but that didn't work. I guess when I do get to sleep, I should sleep well.

No comments: