Sunday, August 21, 2005

Ready for another week

Where has the weekend gone? Oh yeah, I drove to Albuquerque and back... that's half of it right there. Today I went to church in the rain. Then I came home and proceeded to go back to bed and sleep off the effects of the zyrtec I took last night. I'm not sure how I made it through the service, but I guess the standing, sitting, kneeling kept me awake. I woke up sometime this afternoon and took Josh to Amarillo to get his hair cut. Finally. He's been growing it out since January and it was getting to be quite a mess. He has his grandfather's hair and it's dark brown, coarse, and a little wavy. It just kind of flew everywhere. Well, when he was told he'd have to put it in a pony tail for marching, he decided to get it cut. It looks really good now.
Then we went to lunch, came home and I procrastinated on getting school work done. I started some laundry but haven't put it in the dryer yet. I know you're fascinated by all of this. Well, I got some school stuff done and then it was time for the final episode of six feet under. Oh. My. God. Amazing show. It's not for everybody, but I really enjoyed the macabre series. Right after the show was over, my ex-husband called me. You see, I got him watching it when we were still together. We had a very nice visit and I'm glad we're still friends.

I've been giving some thought to the dating process. Basically it sucks trying to find someone that fits and I'm really thinking about trying to stop looking. O.k. I may never actually stop because when I do see an attractive man (in looks or personality or both) I automatically check to see if he's wearing a ring. But I'm thinking that perhaps trying to find love online is not the way it should be done. For me at least. I need to be patient. God help me. But I'm to a point where I'm o.k. with life right now and I'm not obssessing about having "someone" in my life. Sure, it would be nice, but I have other things to focus on and if Mr. Right should come along, it will be the icing on the cake.

O.k. that's my thinking this evening. We'll see if I still feel the same tomorrow, in a week and then next month. Well, gotta go finish getting my work done so I'll be ready for school tomorrow.

No comments: