Monday, October 24, 2005

Catching Up

Well, I a brilliant idea last night that allowed me to get caught up on most of my grading at school. I've been wrapping up notes on listening and realized that we were covering four kinds of listening including appreciative listening. O.k. I may be stretching it a bit, but I figured that kids should learn to appreciate classical music. So we're watching Fantasia. Josh thinks it is a great idea. I'm not sure what my students thought today, but for the most part they were quiet. The had to write their opinion down, but I haven't read them yet. But at least I got a great deal of grading done.

Our birthday is coming up. I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to get Josh. It will be a far slimmer birthday than it usually is, but I know he'll enjoy what I have in mind. I won't be getting anything for myself. I don't remember if I got myself anything last year or not. I do know we went out to dinner, but my dad paid for that. I think my dad is going to be gone on a cruise this year. And the weekend right after my birthday is a speech tournament. So it will be just another day. Getting old isn't as fun as it used to be. Where's Bret when I could use a good kidnapping??? Lol. (I knew you'd laugh at that!!)

I got a letter from Prison Pete today. I'll try to find time to write him back this weekend. I should have some time at the speech tournament.

Luckily I didn't have to grade any papers tonight. I need to go start a load of laundry so I have something to wear tomorrow. But it will probably be an early night for me. I'm getting ready for this time change to get here already.

No comments: