Monday, October 10, 2005

Facing My Fear

I did it and I'm actually shaking right now. And all I did was call and make an appointment with a dentist. I'm scheduled to go in today at 2:30. So please pray for me.

The pain on Saturday was getting to the point it was unbearable. I ended up trying to switch between tylenol and ibuprofen every few hours and it didn't seem to work. Finally after having a bloody mary that night, the pain subsided. But I think a greater hand was at work there. You see I do believe in the power of prayer and I said a prayer to St. Ann to petition on my behalf. I have this holy card that has a prayer to her on it and I did it. And you know what, it worked. Not immediately, but by the time I went to bed I could fall asleep without pain. The rest of the weekend went o.k. I could still feel a little discomfort, but it wasn't anything like on Saturday. I can't eat on it, however, and I have other issues that need to be dealt with like wisdom teeth so I'm sucking it up and just doing it. I hope that he has some really, really good drugs.

No comments: