Friday, October 21, 2005

Homecoming

Tonight was homecoming. What memories it brings back. You see, that's when Marty and I got "together" in high school. He called me the NIGHT BEFORE at 9:00 p.m. to ask me to homecoming. I said yes. He came to school the next day with a homecoming mum even. I was amazed. Our high school romance was short lived as we broke up perhaps a month and a half later. (I broke up with him, I still can't remember why) But we did have a lot of fun together for a little while. So tonight brought back a lot of sweet memories for me.

Last night I spent the evening making a mum for Josh's girlfriend. I wish I had taken a picture of it, but it was almost eleven by the time everything was done and I just didn't get around to it. I thought it turned out really nice though. And I spent a fraction of what I would have at a florist.

The band was awesome of course. Their entire contest show is truly remarkable. Last week at contest, I thought their show was better than all of the 3, 4, and 5-A schools. It's kind of funny that my boyfriend from 8th grade is Josh's band director. Knowing the band director on a personal level makes it interesting. But Josh is doing great. He loves playing in the pit. He told me today that he's going to be playing in jazz band too. He'll be playing saxophone. He'd like to play piano, but still waiting for money to come through before I can afford lessons.

It was really sad at the game though. Although the school they're playing is in the same district, by half time the score was 42-0 in favor of the home team. And the opposing school's band only had 18 people in it. That's it. 18 people. And they attempted to play Star Wars. At marching contest last week, they received a 3rd division which isn't very good. But I guess it was admirable of them to go out and there and play their hearts out.

Something that really irritates me is when people are standing in the aisles talking to other people oblivious to anyone that they are in the way and blocking traffic.. AND even when they see that a line is forming to pass around them, they make no effort to move out of the way or apologize. I saw that so often at the game tonight.

I'm really exhausted today. It's been a long day. And although I want to go to bed, I know that Josh will be calling around midnight for a ride home. There's a homecoming dance at the school tonight. I'm glad he's active in school and has a girlfriend and all of that... but I'll be really happy when he has a driver's license and have his own car. But on the other hand... I'll probably be more worried and will stay up waiting for him anyways. I guess that's they way it is being a mom.

No comments: