Thursday, October 27, 2005

I feel old

Nevermind that my birthday is coming up in two weeks. I'll be 36. O.k. maybe that's not just really OLD, but I did get a jolt of feeling it tonight. I went to choir practice at church. We have a new choir director. And the girl that is doing it is a former student of mine. She is married now and has a baby and I taught her in the 8th grade. So now I feel really old. I guess it will get worse when I start teaching kids of the kids I taught, but I guess that will be a while.

Choir practice was great. I still don't think of myself as a singer in any shape, but I do love participating in it. The music is so beautiful. We are having a special dedication mass on the 19th of November. It will be a long ceremony, but the nice thing is that the majority of parishoners will be there. Usually they are divided up between 3 masses on the weekends, but most should come to this ceremony.

Today I discovered that somebody took change out of my desk drawer between 7th period yesterday and 3rd period today. And I don't think it was a student. Students aren't allowed in my office at any time and I was never away from my office or room where a student could have done it. I suspect that the new guy they are training as a janitor took it. It was only a dollar in change, but it's still the principle of it. He has also been helping himself to my candy stash. I mentioned to the director of technology, but she seemed to dismiss it. I'm not sure, but I get the feeling that she doesn't like me much... but I could be wrong. I'm just picking up on that.
So I think I'm going to perhaps set a trap of sorts to make sure. Tomorrow I'm going to leave more change in my drawer at then end of school and then see if it is still there on Monday morning. Because petty stuff can lead to bigger things. It's not that I keep anything of major value in my office, but it's still not right and others could lose a lot more than me if there is a thief.

I almost made it to bed by 10:00 last night... I was 15 minutes behind, but not too bad. I was still tired today. Unfortunately because I was robbed of my change I didn't get a coke. That really irritated me more than the money being gone... the fact that I didn't have any caffeine. I need at least a little bit. I've cut way back on drinking a lot of cokes... usually just my one at lunch.

Tonight I should be able to get to bed on time. Luckily I'm giving a test tomorrow. It should be a good day. I still have no idea what I'm teaching next week, but I guess I'll figure it out this weekend. Am going to a speech tournament so hopefully I can get some stuff done there unless I'm judging.

No comments: