Saturday, May 13, 2006

A dry spell

I don't know what to write about, but I feel I should write something. I have started a couple of blog entries but I just can't seem to finish them. I am probably disappointing my readers, but I guess they might move on to greener pastures. So I'll just tell you about my day.
It started way to early for a Saturday. Granted the last several weekends I've had early days of speech tournaments and today was going to be a blessed event of sleeping in. Well, my former boss called me a few days ago asking me if I would be willing to help him with a job this weekend. Since I am always in need of money I couldn't turn it down. Josh went and helped today as well. We stickered yearbooks for a local school that had a controversial picture in it. (Don't ask) It took a little over four hours and we were paid $100 each. I would say it was well worth it. He also took us to lunch afterwards. I didn't sleep well last night for some reason. I had a tornado dream and a fire dream that were both quite strange. The fire dream was scary and it woke me up in a bit of state of fear. So after lunch was over, I came home and took a nap for about three hours. That is why I am still up right now. I should go to bed soon since I'm singing in the choir in the morning and have to be there by 8:00. I don't even have anything to wear.
Then tonight I started watching a movie and a friend of mine called. He is a guy that I met in theatre a couple of years ago. He and his wife moved to Michigan so they could go to school and he comes back in the summers to work on the house they still have here and are trying to sell. It turns out another group of people that were involved in theatre as well moved in to a house just around the corner from me. He was over there at a party and they came over here to get me. I took them the champagne that wasn't used last time and figured at least these people might drink it. So I went over and stayed there for about an hour. I had a little bit to drink and before you ask, no I didn't get drunk. I got a little buzz and then I headed home.
They asked me if I was interested in trying out for the summer production of Shakespeare in the Park. I'm not sure about it. Part of me wants to just to be involved in something artistic again. The problem is that typically these productions are poorly run and often more of a waste than something really special. The socialization would be nice, but I'm not sure if I will still fit in there. I really feel kind of different. I don't know. I feel kind of out of place everywhere these days. Perhaps it's just who I am. I got a letter from Prison Pete the other day. He asked an interesting question. He wondered if I thought if my intelligence tends to keep people at bay. I wasn't sure. It's not like I'm a walking encyclopedia or I speak with an "air" about me. I do use proper grammar most of the time. I'm not really quite certain why I don't have a lot of friends or relationships for that matter. But I'm tired of thinking of all of that... it's the stuff I've been contemplating off and on and haven't discovered any answers.
Now I have to figure out how I'm going to get to sleep tonight.

5 comments:

Summer said...

Of course, since you said don't ask, you know I'm going to. What was the picture in the yearbook? Haha. Have you acted before? As always, you amaze me! Happy Mother's Day.

Annabel said...

It was a picture of a couple and their baby. They received some kind of award and the principal didn't want to promote the fact that they had a baby together (though they were still in school).

Susanlee said...

That's rather disappointing. Perhaps they wouldn't have had a baby together if schools were better at sex education...ok off the soapbox.

I wish I lived in that area again I would *love* to do Shakespeare in the park, even though, yeah, they aren't usually meaningful, but I miss having people to socialize with as well. *sigh*

Summer said...

That IS very disappointing. Give them the award, but don't let anyone see. I hope you had a nice Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

You should do the Shakespeare in the Park. You had fun, and you're a good actress.