Monday, May 01, 2006

Worn out and a frustrating day

I am really exhausted. I would love to just take a nap right now, but I have to get ready to go have my picture made for the Church Directory. I love that I will be able to have a directory of everyone in our parish. It will be nice to put names and faces together. I am just wondering if I have enough makeup so that I don't look so tragic. I would liked to have had my picture made this weekend but since I will be gone and all the times on Sunday were taken, I had no choice but to sign up for today or tomorrow. So I will get myself together and fix my hair shortly.

I was so irritated with my students today. First of all, I get a terrible report about my 4th period class. It turns out that on Friday, they felt that they didn't need to come to class on time. It was raining, you see, and they decided it was more important to play in the rain. So the secretary in the office wrote up about a dozen lunch detentions. I got on to them today and handed out another six detentions. Then in 7th period today I had the student that constantly acts up and doesn't care about anything. I gave him one detention last week and finally had enough and told him that he had another one to serve. He said that he didn't care and to go ahead and give him three. I told him that I would just write up an office referral and he said he didn't care about that either. I talked to some other teachers about him after school and they told me that the next time he acted up to have them call a police office and have a ticket issued. I didn't know that was an option. It turns out that they can issue a ticket for disrupting classes and it's an $80 fine. I may just try that and see if that works. I think having to pay an $80 fine might just do the trick. I know that I couldn't afford something like that right now.

It is days like today that make me rethink this whole teaching thing.

1 comment:

Susanlee said...

*This* is why I don't teach.