Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The home stretch

It's finally getting close to the end. I gave two classes their tests today. I had some failures, but they were expected. I am amazed especially at seniors who failed. It's not because they aren't bright enough, it is pure laziness. I gave them many chances to turn in work. I offered multiple extra credit options. One girl that failed said that she wasn't coming back next year. I am not sure if my class was the only one she had to pass or not. But it's only half a credit. I just don't get it.
I still have so much to do. I got a great deal done today, however. It's just that several things cannot be finished until I get other work back from other people. But I should have plenty of time. We have to work on Friday and then I have to be at graduation at 7:30 p.m. That will be a long day.
I started teaching Josh his driver education materials. He wants to try to get his permit on Thursday. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to be able to get another car. It will be really nice once he is driving, but I also think that my worrying will go up a few notches.
Have I mentioned how ready I am for summer break? It will be a short one with nationals coming up mid-June and then speech camp immediately after that. But hopefully I'll get a few things accomplished. I still don't know about my room situation at school, but I hope I'll be moving to a new room at some point this summer.
It's getting hot here. I'm trying not to run the air conditioner much because I'm afraid of the electric bill, but it is really quite miserable. I wish dad would come check the central air again. He thought it might not be as big of a deal as he originally thought. Of course he told me that two years ago and I have yet to see him check it out. He did, however, make a trip to Albuquerque to help fix my sister's pool and now her fence. Maybe when he gets back I'll speak up a bit.

No comments: