Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I am a genius

O.k. maybe I am stretching the truth a bit, but I love it when I figure out something all by myself. I have been working on updating my personal website. I have an account through yahoo and have used their sitebuilder software to work on it which is generally easy but fairly limited. When I ordered my new laptop, I also ordered the complete Microsoft package separately. One of the good things about being a teacher is the discounts you can get on software. In order to update our websites at school, we have to use Front Page so I got the software so I can work on the websites from home. Today as I was working on my personal website, I decided I wanted a photo gallery which I could do in front page, but not my yahoo sitebuilder. But I couldn't figure out how to upload a front page file into my site. Opening the files created in FP in sitebuilder didn't work. But through my determination, I eventually got the answers on the yahoo website and made it work. So now I don't know if I'm going to keep designing in both platforms or perhaps transfer all my sitebuilder work into front page. I haven't decided, but I am excited about the possibilities now.

Oh, and another thing I did was unclog my drain yesterday. I also did three loads of laundry and a load of dishes. I am slowly getting things accomplished around here. But it is very slow going. I'm not in any rush right now. I will probably spend today working on more web page updates. I also have to hunt down my dad and get Josh's official birth certificate so I can take him back to the DMV to get his permit. If I can't find dad, it will cost $24 for a new copy and I really don't want to pay that. I also have to go turn in Josh's band camp registration. So it will be a full day around here. Maybe not exciting, but full.

No comments: