Thursday, May 25, 2006

What am I doing up this late you ask?

O.k. maybe you didn't ask or even care and I don't have an answer. I am really, really tired, but I am still up. It started with finishing up Josh's driving lesson information. He wanted to wait until 9:30 to start and we didn't finish until almost 11:00. Before then and shortly afterwards I was researching car information. I know what you're thinking. How can she possibly be looking at buying a car when she bitches and moans about how broke she is? Well, reality is that I have to figure out a way to get another vehicle in the next six or seven months when Josh gets his license. Right now my thinking is to get myself something new or slightly used and Josh will drive the Honda. I don't think kids should get something brand new to begin their driving experience. I need something affordable (yeah, right) and gets good gas mileage. I am hoping that with the probably stipend I'll get next year and maybe a slight raise (wishful thinking) and cutting back some expenses (like getting rid of my phone and cutting down cable) that maybe I can get something. Josh may have to find a part time job and buy his own gas and perhaps help with the insurance. And if all the planets align, venus is in retrograde and my bank doesn't laugh in my face and tell me "You're kidding, right?", then perhaps I will be able to accomplish this feat. So I figure I'll research now and see what I can maybe afford. I am so thankful for the internet. I bought my last car completely online. No haggling, just emailed then had some phone calls and made the deal. Of course I had to drive down to Dallas for it, but it was worth it.
Josh had a piano lesson this evening and his instructor (who is the choir director at Church) asked me if I was interested in singing with her during one of the masses this summer. I was taken aback by that. I again feel that I don't sing well at all. I do it because I love being part of a musical ensemble and I love worshipping the Lord in that way, but to sing a duet? In front of the congregation? I just don't know. I told her that I would feel more comfortable if we had at least another person. Maybe I'm selling myself short. I know I lack confidence. Maybe this will push me over the edge. Or maybe I will just freak out. I'll keep you informed.
Tomorrow is the last day with students. I got a great deal done today. But I forgot that we had the faculty luncheon this afternoon. Yet another reason why I need to be moved to the main building. I still feel really left out. But my room is cleaned and things are packed away. And wouldn't you know it? The big hulking server thing that has been in my room ALL YEAR that I have asked to have removed, was taken down today. Go figure. I'm not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow. I have just about everything done that can be done. I spend the afternoon organizing my computer files and backing up everything... in case the server crashes or becomes unavailable.
Well, it's waaayy past my bedtime. I was up an additional hour because I realized I needed Josh's social security card for verification tomorrow. I finally found it and now I must be off to bed. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

No comments: