Thursday, June 29, 2006

A Calling?

I've been acting as a kind of librarian for the oral interp class at camp. I have currently catalouged 1291 books and plays. I even went so far as to alphabeteize all of them according to their category. I've spent the last four days doing this. Now I'm working on combining the ALA lists that is one of the reading categories for contest next year. I may also start working on my school websites for next year as well. I have the time and I might as well get started on it soon. I still haven't finished my Ann Rule book. It's over 600 pages and I'm now just past the half-way point.

I still would like to pursue my librarian certification but I have no idea how I could pay for it. I can't afford any more loans. I still have to figure out how to get another car. I think I'll talk to the librarian at my school and get an idea of her job and make sure it would be something I'd really want to do before investing time and money into it. But I really think I'd like it. No lesson plans. No classes to teach. Still get summers off.

Something weird happened last night. We had a blackout for about 15 minutes. The entire south side of town was dark. Luckily I always seem to have candles ready. I was up reading until after midnight. I really need to start going to bed earlier.

I would like to get over to Hereford some time next week so I can get a look at my new room. I can't remember if I mentioned it on here, but my principal called before I left for nationals to tell me that he was moving me to the main building and told me what room I would be in. It is a room that was originally a computer teacher's room. I'm guessing that means it's fairly large. I'm not sure how many computers I'll get to keep. The only thing is that it's on the second floor and it will be a bitch to move all my stuff. I'll probably enlist the help of my team to get it done.

Josh and I played our final concert today. I'll have a week off and then I'll play in director's band at band camp. After that, I'll have just a little bit of time off before I have to start back to school with is on Aug. 9 or so. I should be comped out on August 8 since I've been volunteering at camp. I also have to get ready to teach the yearbook workshop on Aug. 4. That should bring in a little money and I'll probably get Josh's music software for him. He has $100 towards the cost of it.

Well, I'm just rambling here and not saying much of any importance. I think I'm going to go read more of my book and get ready for bed.

No comments: