Saturday, June 03, 2006

Suffering Succotash

It's summer and the heat is here but I'm trying to avoid running my window air conditioners too much. I am so worried about the bill being outrageous. I have several things to pay for next month and want it to stay in it's normal range which is still high, but it could be so much worse. At least the gas bill was finally low this month. So I'm sitting here in the living room suffering in the heat because it's somewhat bearable, but not much. I hope my dad will make the effort to come look at the airconditioning unit. So for now I have a fan sitting next to me which helps.
I haven't been very productive lately... imagine that. I do have a pretty clean kitchen now, except for the floor. I'm slowly doing a little bit of laundry. I really need an incentive to clean. I need to have someone over for dinner or something.
I've been doing a lot of web surfing and getting ideas for creating my school web pages for next year. I just can't seem to get front page to work like I want it to. I did find a great site for free backgrounds, buttons, and logos. I need to get most of the work done on it this summer because I know I won't have time after school starts again. Next year I will have three preparations instead of one. I barely handled the one this year.
I just looked out into the backyard and I had a number of birds enjoying the seed I put out for them. I used to not understand what my aunt saw in sitting and just watching the birds, but it is really quite relaxing and entertaining. Now I want to know what kind of birds they are. I think Josh has a book on birds. He had an obsession about them when he was younger. I always bought him books. I figured if I spoil him in any way, it should be with books. That's probably why he is so smart. I bought him lots of informational books on animals, birds, dinosaurs, weather, etc. He isn't much of a pleasure reader other than the required reading for English classes, but when he does find a book he likes, he devours it.
Well, it's time for supper so I better scrounge something up. Maybe I'll turn the air conditioner on just while I'm in the kitchen.

No comments: