Sunday, June 11, 2006

Unmotivated

I really have had no motivation to get anything done this week. I don't know if it was something psychological in dealing with the medical issues or something else, but I've pretty much sat on my rear-end for the last several days. A couple of days ago I was hit with a brief bout of depression which is really unusual for me these days. It really just came out of the blue and I was a bit emotional. I guess the fact that my one and only response on the personals site was a bit of a bummer didn't help much. It also doesn't help that it's the end of the month money-wise and I'm trying to figure out how to get groceries and have some money to take with me to Dallas.

My sleeping schedule has been off as well which isn't helping, I'm sure. I finally got a little back on track last night. Instead of taking a full tylenol p.m., I've been taking half of one and it seems to be doing the trick without making me groggy in the mornings. Last night I went to bed by 11:00 and slept until about 7:45. I stayed in bed until about 8:30 though. I didn't go to Mass since I went last night. But I seem to be doing a little better.

I finally got up off my butt and started doing something. I'm starting with my bedroom first. I figure I need a clean space to put all the laundry once I decide to do it. So I started cleaning out my dresser drawers. I got rid of things that don't fit and I don't wear including a whole bunch of lingerie. I kept a few of my favorite pieces, but I don't see the point in having it. It's not that comfortable to wear. It's still slow going and I'm taking breaks here and there, but it's getting done. I've also still been mostly keeping up with the dishes. I really need to get the laundry caught up so I have clothes to pack for my trip to Dallas next week.

I'm not sure if this post is the most boring one I've written, but it's probably close. I do want to thank everyone that responded to the previous post and made me feel better. Honestly, I do think I'm a pretty decent person and a great catch. I just need to get out more probably. Problem is where do I go? You know what's funny? Every time I go to Amarillo lately something new has been built. Well, I better get back to work while I have some inclination to do so.

2 comments:

Susanlee said...

I'm always very surprised about all the stuff that's being built in Amarillo too, everytime Justin and I get out there there is something new and wonderful...or weird...in any case, it's an even bigger shock to us since we average a visit every 3 to 6 months or so...

Lisa said...

I'm sorry that you are feeling unmotivated. I know how hard that can be. Just know that you are entitled to a little down time.

Blessings,
Lisa