Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I don't like the weed eater

It took me 30 minutes to figure out how to get it started. Once I started it, I had no idea how to use it. I finally figured out the throttle, but it didn't seem to cut very well and it just throws things. I think I'm not cut out for using a weed eater. I may wait until next month and see if I can pay someone to finish the job for me. I appreciate my brother loaning me the use of it, but I'm really kind of afraid of it and I don't think I should use it in that circumstance.
On the plus side, Josh got the front yard mowed. Well, one side of it at least. And as he was mowing it, a lady from down the street offered him $20 to mow her yard this weekend. That's pretty cool. I at least cleaned up all the old newspapers and trash in the yard.

Today was a busy day. I went to the doctor at 10:00. I was there for over an hour and then had to drop off my prescription at the pharmacy. I came home and had about an hour before band rehearsal. Josh and I went to rehearsal, came home and had lunch. He then had a piano lesson at 3:00. He is doing really well. After his lesson, we went out driving. I took him out for an hour down some back roads. He is doing so much better. He's finally getting the turns and learning to pivot his foot between the accelerator and the break. He is still hugging the ride side a little much and I kept telling him to nudge over quite a bit. I only grabbed the door handle a few times during the trip. A couple of times he got too far right and started going off the road a bit and then he would overcorrect by turning back too much. I told him if that happened to just slow down and nudge the car back over. The only other time he scared me was pulling into the driveway. He got really, really close to the garage door. He doesn't quite have a sense about how much space he has in front of him yet. Overall, he is doing well for only being out on his third driving trip.

After we got back I made dinner and then we had to leave to go to choir rehearsal. He's not singing, but is playing his clarinet at the Saturday Mass. This will be the first Communion for the second graders, so it is a special service. I'm slowly feeling better about singing. I really need to not worry so much and belt out the notes. After rehearsal we (well mostly Josh) worked on the yard and now it's too dark.

Tomorrow we have our first informal band concert. After that I'll be having a female friend over for dinner and then we're going to see the musical drama TEXAS in the Palo Duro Amphitheatre. I just remembered that I probably won't get home until about 11:30-midnight and I have to get up the next morning for my ultrasound. I have to drink 40-60 ounces of liquid in an hour before my appointment. I'm not sure if I even drink that in a day!

It's 9:30 now and I'm feeling pretty tired. I didn't sleep much last night. I was going to go to Mass this morning, but I just wanted to stay in bed. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

No comments: