Wednesday, June 28, 2006

No time for anything

I've been staying quite busy. I work at speech camp from 9-12 then have lunch. (Luckily it's free because I'm helping out.) After lunch, Josh and I go to summer band. Usually after that I take him home and I go back to camp until 4:00. Today, however, we had planned to go to a picnic that the band direct was having at his house. So instead, we came home and I was able to pay some bills. After the picnic, I came home and continued to read one of my new books. It's the Ann Rule book about the Green River Killer. Then I was tired so I took a brief nap. I got up early and went back to camp around 6:00 although the session starts at 6:30. I finally got through entering all the books into my database and I am up to 1292 books. There's still a few more to be entered and now I'm working on alphabetizing. By the end of camp, we should have an accurate list. I told the other coaches that I would create a separate file of just their books so they can keep a running list of all their books and perhaps next year it will be easier to keep track of what is available.

I got news about the new speech teacher at Josh's high school and I'm worried that the team won't be travelling much. If that's the case, then I'm going to take Josh with my team and he can enter as the only student from his school.

Since I'm pretty much gone from 9-9 everyday, I haven't got much done that needs to be done. I may have to just back out of doing anything camp-related this weekend. My aunt is coming and I really, really need to get my house clean. I think I'll devote the entire weekend to getting that done. I also will probably have guests over for the 4th of July so I need to decide what to make for that as well. I have to go to my cousin's party at 5:00 but will probably cut out early so I can be back home. My house is a good location for watching the fireworks. It's a good thing we've finally gotten some rain.

Well, I should go do some house cleaning but I'm probably going to read my book instead.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Isn't it funny that when summer gets here we are busier than during the school year. Both of my parents work for the school system in the state they live in and it seems like every summer they are on the go.

Hope you get some time to rest and relax soon!