Sunday, June 25, 2006

It's things like this

that make teaching worth it. I got the following email from a student I had this year. She was a perfect child and did an outstanding job in my speech class this year. She wasn't a competitor; she was just in my regular communication class, but I gave her the outstanding award for that class. Here's what she wrote:

Hi Ms.*****, Hope your summer is going well. I don't know if your working summer school or not but just wanted to say thank you for the award. I was surprised and so happy. I have to take speech again in college and I am excited. I am really glad I waited my senior year because I feel like you have prepared me well. I have already started WT this summer, but I think I'll do a great job if I get my hard boring classes out of the way and take speech this fall. Thanks Ms. ***** for everything and I know I'll see you around. This world isn't too big.

No comments: