Sunday, June 25, 2006

Dallas Details Part 2

After the park, we returned to the hotel. I wanted to take a nap so I went to my room, got under the covers and tried to sleep. I was awakened at 3:30 because the kids wanted to go to the Mall. I got up and made myself presentable after a day at the park (which isn't easy to do) and we all headed to the Galleria. I finally found a bookstore and bought myself the Ann Rule book about the Green River Killer. I also found an Elvis ornament for Josh that was on sale for 75% off. We let the kids shop until 7:15 and then we headed to the Magic Time Machine for dinner. If you are ever in Dallas or San Antonio, you must go to the Magic Time Machine at some point. It is a quirky kind of place. The tables are found in different nooks and all decorated differently. There's a booth that is like being in a Tiki hut or one that is inside a large pumpkin. We sat in front of a wall with the Peanut's characters painted on it. All of the waitstaff are dressed in costume. We had a Pokemon character serving us. (He wasn't that exciting.) But we also saw Superman, Wonderwoman, Cinderella, Woody (from Toy Story), and GI Joe (who was hot!). It is a fun place. The salad bar is a made out of an actual car. If you ask where the bathroom is, the waiter or waitress makes a big deal about it and parades you through the restaurant announcing that you have to go and reminds you to wash your hands. They have a big selection of food or if you have a group of four or more you can order the Roman Orgy. It was a lot of fun for our group.

Saturday morning we got up and planned to leave by 8:00. We didn't actually leave until about 8:20. I ended up doing all the driving around Dallas and drove all the way home. I was pretty tired when I got home, but didn't really have time for a nap since I was asked by a friend to go see a production of Hamlet. It was a pretty decent performance but I didn't get home until 11:15. Storms came through around 2 a.m. and my neurotic dog went nuts. I finally put earplugs in and took half a tylenol p.m. and went to sleep. I got up at 10:00 this morning and went to Mass at 11:00. Now I'm waiting for my lunch to finish cooking and I'm going to try to get caught up on blogs I've missed, writing assignments for my journal workshop, and perhaps a nap this afternoon.

Speech camp starts this week. There is a picnic to go to this evening and then classes start on Monday morning. I will probably go during the day, but not the evenings. Since I'm volunteering, I don't want spend all my time there. I also have to get my house cleaned since my aunt and uncle are coming to stay next week. I have bills to pay, groceries to buy and laundry to do. Well, I better get started on all of this. Now we will resume our regularly scheduled blogging.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Just reading through your trip wears me out. I need a nap. Sounds like you had a lot of fun packed into a few days time. Glad you are back safe and sound.

My girls are big rollercoaster riders also. Especially my oldest (10), but my DH and I are wusses. I may have to send her to you in TX and have you take her to Six Flags. She really wants to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain, but the last time I went there I ended up puking as soon as I got off the rollercoaster...I know..I am a WIMP!

Blessings,
Lisa

Susanlee said...

wait wait! you didn't tell us how your team did!!