Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Laundering Machine

I have been on a roll here folks. I have washed and dried a gazillion loads of laundry. Although I'm not quit finished, I'm getting really close. It's kind of nice to have drawers full of clean, folded clothes and a closet (or two) full of nice clean clothes on hangers. So maybe you're not impressed, but if you had seen the mounds before I started, you would be.
I'm going to try to finish my bedroom and bathroom today. That even means putting up all my shoes in an organized fashion in my closet. You'll be happy to know that I only have one pair out in my living room, which very well might be a record.
What else is on the agenda? I'm not sure, I really need to vacuum so that will probably get done. I'm slowly making progress despite many breaks and sometimes a nap. But, hey, it's summer and I need time to recuperate from 9 1/2 months of teaching. Oh, that reminds me. I had one of those teacher nightmares again...the kind where you have terrible, terrible students and you can't get control of the class and you don't have a lesson plan so you're winging it. It was weird though, in my class were several people from my high school (the one I graduated from) in it and they were people that I knew but weren't really friends with. Very strange.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Good for you! I know that is a good feeling. I hate doing laundry as the washer and dryer are upstairs. I have to lug all my laundry up there and back down again to fold it. It can be tedious. Of course, I am not doing laundry for a teenager either. I could go through some serious amount of clothes at that age.

Lisa said...

Glad to read that you are on a roll. Sometimes it just takes getting going and seeing some progress to keeping it up.

Susanlee said...

Yay! I finished all my laundry over the weekend! We can be laundry buddies! I have those scary teacher dreams too, but mine usually turn into scary director dreams...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you picked up most of your shoes out of the living room. What's gotten into you?