Saturday, October 14, 2006

Marching Contest

First, I slept late this morning and it was wonderful, save for the animals that needed to be let in and out of my room. I piddled around the house most of the morning. I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher and did a load of laundry. A little before 1:00 I had to take Josh to the school. I started crocheting a scarf. I finally took a shower and got ready shortly before 3:00 and I headed up to Amarillo after that. I got to the stadium around 3:45. I watched all the 3A bands including Josh's band. There was simply no contest. And it's really not bragging. The high school band was better than some of the other 4 & 5A bands. (3A etc. is a classification based on school population, Josh's school will become 4A next year). After the 3A's were finished I went and found Josh and we had less than 30 minutes to go get food and get back to the stadium in order to watch the other bands. It rained a little bit here and there, but it wasn't a downpour thankfully. At the end of everything, we were kind of surprised by the ratings. The judges were pretty tough. Luckily Josh's band made a first division and will be going to area contest in two weeks. I do hope that they make it to state since this will be Josh's only chance to make it. Next week they're going to a marching contest in Albuquerque. I will head over there after school on Friday.
And that's been my day. Now I'm tired again and I think I'll go to bed kind of early since I have to be at church by 8:00 a.m. to warm up for choir or should I say women's ensemble. At least we have five singing this time. That certainly helps a little bit. Stay tuned for another exciting post tomorrow.

No comments: