Sunday, October 22, 2006

Weekend Recap

Well, let's start with Friday. It was a regular school day and I was back to my normal self. It was maroon and white day so I wore my white skirt and maroon top. I found out at the pep rally that our door won second place in the decorating contest so our class will get a donut party. After school, I ran to walmart and then the gas station. I got a later start than planned, but left Hereford shortly before 5:00. I took the southern route to Albuquerque avoiding some of the road construction on I-40. It was great to be able to jam to my own music. When Josh and I go together, we usually end up listening to his music... which is o.k., but I got to listen to all the stuff that he generally doesn't care for. I made it to my aunt's house by 9:30 (Texas Time). I watched a little t.v., had a bloody mary and then went to bed. I slept in knowing I would need to stay up late to come home. I got up and my uncle had made french toast for breakfast. I had a piece along with some hot tea. It was quite yummy. We left to go to the stadium around 11:30 and got there about 15 minutes before Josh's band performed. They did pretty well, but it wasn't the best performance... their sound was still a bit weak compared to some of the other bands that were the same size or even smaller. We stayed and watched the other bands in that afternoon session until about 3:00. Then we left to go eat. We went to Golden Corral and I stuffed myself. After that, we headed back to the stadium to hear the preliminary results. Awards were given for each band in it's particular class. Similar to Texas, the bands are divided into certain classes depending on how large their school population is. Although Josh's school is a AAA (3-A) school in Texas, it is considered a AA (2-A) school in New Mexico. In their class, they won awards for best music and best overall effect. They lost to another school in best visual, but they won first place for their class. They also made it to the finals (of all bands in all classes) which took the top ten bands. Going into finals, they were ranked 8th. We left the stadium again and made a quick trip to Walmart and then came back for finals. They were scheduled to play in the 5th position. Their performance in finals was the best I had ever seen them perform. Their sound was incredible and they had a little more oomph behind it when they needed it, but it was well balanced. The march was great and the color guard was more together than they ever have been. I was very impressed. I left after their performance so I wouldn't get too tired. I stopped in Edgewood to take out my contacts and get a coke. I messaged Josh to call when he got results. I was already to Santa Rosa by the time he called. They ended up placing 5th overall. That is really good as this is basically New Mexico's state marching contest.
I did well on the drive home. I yawned a bit by the time I got to Tucumcari. Luckily I had a semi-truck that I followed from that point on that kept my speed steady. I have to thank the trucker with license plate W53-082. (yes, after following him for two hours I memorized his license plate) I put my Chicago (the musical) CD on which kept me awake. I sang all the way home (which I couldn't do if Josh was in the car). I got home around 2:30 and tried going to bed by 3:00. I sort of slept for about 2 hours. Josh was supposed to get in by 4:30 a.m. but I knew they got a late start. I woke up around 5:20 and tried calling him. I guess he turned his phone off. I tried going back to sleep but it was useless. You know how us mom's are. When your kids are gone and it's late we stay up worrying until they're home. He didn't get home until 6:30. I picked him up and once again tried to go to sleep. Then I had to deal with animals. I didn't get any peace until about 8:00 which means I only got another 45 minutes of sleep before I had to get ready for church. The adult formation class started today and I didn't want to miss it. I got there in time and then went to the 11:15 Mass. I came home and couldn't decide if I was more hungry or tired. Tired won out and I once again tried to get some sleep. It still didn't work very well. I didn't actually fall asleep until about 2:00 p.m. and was up by 4:00. I decided to go ahead and make supper. Now I'm sitting here catching up on computer stuff and watching t.v. There's so much I need to do, but it's just not going to happen. I used to have this picture on my wall at my previous school that said, "God put me on this earth to accomplish so many things. I am so far behind, I will never die." That's how I feel at the moment. I need about a week to recuperate and I'm not going to get a break until Thanksgiving.

In other news, I checked my email at my aunt's house and for the second time, my yahoo password has been changed and I'm getting a bit irritated by that because I don't know who is doing it. They only way it could be changed is for someone to be able to answer questions about myself that only a few people would know the information. I have no idea who would want to change it or why. There's nothing incriminating or interesting to learn by reading my yahoo mail. Most of it is junk. I finally changed the security question in hopes that it will stop whoever is doing this.

Well, that's my update and my weekend. I'm going to go read some blogs and start crocheting yet another baby blanket.


Anonymous said...

Sounds like an encredibly busy weekend.You must be exhausted.

Anonymous said...

I think I need a nap after that. Someone is hacking into your yahoo account? What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

Whew, *wipes sweat from his brow*, girl you are one busy bee. I couldn't keep up with you. I guess that is why I admire you so much. You are a kick ass gal.

Susanlee said...

Aw I love to sing Chicago in the car...but yeah I can't do it with Justin in there, and as I don't drive anymore I never get to. :(