Thursday, October 12, 2006

Moving on to other dull things

Well, at least I had something interesting to write about finally. Now it's back to the same old stuff. I was kind of surprise that the previous post didn't garner any comments and then I realize that a lot of my blog readers now probably don't even know about the whole Marty thing. I guess it's just old news now. Well, back to my not so exciting life.

We had a short day at school today. Students got out at 12:25 and we got to leave at 1:00. I was starving by the time I got home and really had nothing to eat. I finally scrounged around and found a t.v. dinner that I popped in the oven. I know I'm kind of weird (or maybe really weird) but if I have to eat a t.v. dinner, most of the time, I still cook them in the over instead of the microwave. It's not that they're all that tasty to begin with, but they seem to come out better in the oven. I had a hungry man boneless pork dinner. It really wasn't too bad.

And instead of taking my time off and doing something productive, I turned on the heater in my room, got under the covers and sort of took a nap. I say sort of because I didn't really feel like I slept, but maybe I did. I think I kind of had a dream but I'm not sure.

Tonight I have choir practice. At least I can make a homemade, nutritious meal of hamburger helper for Josh.

I don't know what to do about this whole homecoming parade float thing. Each class at the school (Freshman, Sophomores, etc.) work on a float and other clubs etc. can have one as well. I asked if there was any intrest in it and there was a little so we decided to give it a go. Problem is that I think it's going to be far more trouble than it's worth at this point, but I'm not sure. I'm giving up my lunch tomorrow to meet with kids to start planning. My problem is that if we're going to do something, we're going to do it all the way and we should be the best... or at least the most creative. I'm kind of competitive that way and I don't like to do anything half-assed. (pardon the term) Yes, I'm taking too much on again as always, but I feel the need to stay busy I guess. If I sit still too long I start thinking about other things that are not good so I try to keep things going. Nevermind that I will never have a clean house. I think I'm giving into that fact right now.

Well, I better go start that dinner for Josh. I'm still full from my hungry (wo)man dinner.

No comments: