Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Calm before the storm

and it isn't even that calm. Testing was o.k. today but I didn't get a conference period. I got about a 25 minute break and that's it. We did get an hour lunch so I worked through it. I don't know how I'm going to get everything done. Tomorrow I am going to focus on my digital camera presentation. I also have to get my substitute plans done and I have no idea what I'm going to have my classes work on. Next week I will only have one day with my classes.
I came home today and Josh had some friends over which isn't a big deal other than the fact that I am mortified by the state of my house. I picked up a bit and decided it just didn't matter. I tried to lay down and rest for a bit, but they were a bit loud and since Josh's room is next to mine and the sound carries through the vent, it was useless to try to get any sleep or rest. They finally left shortly before six. I decided to not cook so I went to Feldman's for dinner. Josh declined to go. After dinner I went to the Church to rehearse for the Ash Wednesday services. My mouth is not in shape and I was worn out by the time we finished. Now I'm home and planning to go to bed very soon. It will be a long, busy day at school tomorrow and I have a million things to get done before going to yet another tournament. This time we are leaving at 1:00 on Thursday and won't get back until some time on Saturday.

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and it's time for practicing penance. I know that giving up the internet at home will not be easy. In fact, I'm certain that it will be very, very difficult. But I also feel it is the thing I should be giving up because it is probably the most distracting vice of sorts that I have right now. I don't drink much any more. I don't indulge too often in desserts. I have about one coke a day. Maybe next year I will give up t.v. - which would probably be easier than internet but I'm not sure.
I will still blog when I can at school, but no promises. There also won't be blogs on weekends or during spring break. (That is what is going to really, really hurt right there.) I will probably still write and just post later. I can use my laptop, just not the internet. Andrew, I may have to get your phone number from you because I'm not sure that I can go a whole week without reading your blog.

Well, that's it for now. Writing will be scarce for a while since I won't be at school after Thursday at 1:00. I wish I had something more meaningful to share right now, but that's it.

No comments: