Monday, February 19, 2007

Manic Monday

I don't know why I used that title. I wouldn't call it quite manic, but it's been busy as usual. I got to school around 7:40 this morning and starting working on the stacks on my desk. I have a dilemma regarding my entry for the UIL contest. I have all my entries planned except for prose. I can't decide on two freshmen students as to which should get the last spot and which should be the alternate. One of them has gone to more tournaments and has had some minor success at two of them. The other went to the prep tournament this weekend and made it finals beating the other girl out. So now I have to figure out who should get the spot.

I have to finish getting my presentation for next Monday. I will be teaching my class on digital cameras three different times. There is just so much to do and so little time. And unfortunately, I'm planning on giving up the internet for Lent. O.k. not completely, because I do have to use it at work, but I'm giving it up at home. I will allow myself to check my email once a day and I can use the internet at work with some limitations. It was the only thing I really felt would be difficult to give up and would serve the purpose of Lent for me. I'm also planning on devoting more time to prayer and participating in things like adoration and Stations of the Cross.

Tomorrow is TAKS testing which is going to be a joy... NOT. I have to deal with freshman all morning long. Ugh. I haven't done anything with my mentor students all semester. (We were assigned 3 sophomore students at the beginning of the year to be encouraging to them about the TAKS test - yet I only know one of them) So tomorrow, I am giving them TAKS survival kits with snacks and other goodies in it.

I have to rehearse tomorrow for the Ash Wendnesday service. I am playing my clarinet at the 7 p.m. Mass. I will be leaving Thursday at 1:00 to take students to Lubbock for NFL District competition. I won't get back until sometime on Saturday. Then on Monday we have inservice where I'm teaching the digital photography classes. I'll be in school on Tuesday and then leave Wednesday for TFA state in Dallas. I'll be gone until Sunday then. After that, believe it or not, I will have some time off. I have no plans for spring break. Our next competition won't be until March 23. Boy am I ready for a break!

Tonight I'm going to go to bed early and get to school early to get ready for the test. Luckily it's not all day and we'll be done with it by noon. We'll have regular classes in the afternoon. And just so my faithful readers don't worry too much... I will still blog during Lent... but only when time permits during my lunch break at school... that's one my limitations for myself.

1 comment:

Summer said...

You're a strong and brave woman.