Friday, February 09, 2007

Flying off the handle

O.k. maybe that's an exaggeration but I was in a sour mood just before bed last night which is strange because before that I had gone to choir practice which I really enjoyed. I'm going to blame it on many other things... hormones, the state of my house, the animals, my lost wallet (that is no longer lost, thankfully). I had to go to bed by 9:30 because I was just fed up for some reason. I know I have too many stressors going on in my life right now, but I just don't know what to do about it so I'll just vent here.

First, the good news. This weekend is absolutely free. No tournaments. Nothing going on with Josh.

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. I have an appointment for 10:30. I have appreciated and enjoyed all the comments and suggestions. I have some ideas now and we'll see what happens. I'll try to post pictures of the finished result.

My house is a wreck still. It's maybe not the worst it's ever been, but it is still pretty bad. I hope to get it cleaned up this weekend. I just don't know if there will be enough time in two days to do it all.

I have to find something to do about the new dog. She's driving me crazy. She is much too hyper for me and really needs a place that has kids or other dogs that will play with her and wear her out. Our dogs are a little too laid back for her and I have to do something because I still can't afford to keep her but I don't know what else to do. I may just try another add and see if anyone will take her. I just want it to be a good home. I can't take her to the pound because I couldn't stand it if she didn't get adopted and was put to sleep. She is very sweet and eager to please. I think she could easily be trained, I just don't have the time.

I've given up on the concept of having all my laundry done. I wash on an as needed basis.

Financially I am actually doing o.k. despite the $500 insurance bill last month. I have a good amount in savings thanks to my tax refund. I'm hoping I don't have to spend it on Josh's car, but I'll have to wait and see what the insurance company figures out in regard to the damage.
I have enough money to make my trip to San Antonio next week and last until next pay day. After that, we'll see.

I am actually caught up on grading for the moment, but many of my debate students are failing. I've finally waded through all the paperwork for upcoming trips and now just have to wait for them to happen. I did get news that the district will pay for the Bus Safety trip to Austin which is a relief.

I freaked out about not being able to find my wallet again last night. I don't know what it is, but lately I can't seem to keep up with it. I searched the house and just couldn't find it. Luckily it was exactly where I thought it might be, but I couldn't really remember why it was there... which was in my bag that I had left at school. I don't carry a purse because it's cumbersome, and I like the small size of my wallet, but I may have to get something big and neon so I don't keep losing it.

It's lunch time here at school and I really don't like what I brought for lunch. I decided to go on a limb and try a new flavor of my frozen micro-wave meals, and it just isn't doing it for me. I think I may run down to Sonic and get something there.

Well, I've rambled enough, hopefully this makes up for no post yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could help you train the dog. It sounds like you probably don't have time to take it to training classes. They really do help a lot if you could manage it. Maybe Josh can do the training with the dog, or at least take some times to toss a tennis ball around so the pup can work the energy out. They really are like children.

I live in Seattle where pets are spoiled. We even have "Doggy daycares", you pet runs around all day playing while your at work and then you pick them up on the way home. Many people have found it to be a life saver. It's about $11-$13 a day around here. Be sure to take a look at the facilities before letting your pet stay.
-P

Susanlee said...

What kind of dog is she again? I mean I know she's a mix, but best guess? Maybe might want a sister.