Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'm a hit

I was worried about teaching my workshop yesterday. I wasn't sure if I was ready. There were more things I wanted to be able to do in it, but went in and presented what I had. I had three different powerpoints I went through. I showed them different kinds of cameras, gave them web sites to use in research, went over some photography tips and then gave them ideas for the classroom. I used up the 2 hours and the camera door prize was a hit.

So today, I've received three emails regarding the workshop from people telling me how much they enjoyed it. I also heard from a couple of other teachers at school that had heard about it. I found out that the assistant superintendent had raved about it (she came and sat in on it for a while) and now I've been asked if I would be interested in teaching a photography class at the high school. Wow. I didn't think I was that amazing.

I'm getting ready to leave for TFA state. I still need to get my substitute book put together. I still have no idea what I'm going to have my debate students do while I'm gone. I hope I can find a particular movie at Best Buy tonight and leave it for them. My Comm. App. class did not get a good report while I was gone last week so I'm going to have to get on to them today.

Last night I actually forced myself to clean. I shampooed the carpet where the dog has been peeing and then put down pee pads so she wouldn't keep messing the carpet up. I somewhat mopped the kitchen floor and ran the dishwasher. I still have a lot to do, but I didn't want to leave the house in a disgusting mess. I have a friend of Josh's coming by to feed the dogs while I'm gone.

Today I have to go to the bank and get the check cashed for meals on the trip. I also want to run up to Best Buy and maybe get the mp3 player that I've somewhat decided on. I need to clean the house more when I get home and get laundry done and pack. I hope my students do well at state. I don't think they'll make it to finals as the competition is really tough, but I would like them to perhaps get to some out rounds.

Well, that's about it for now. I don't know if I'll post while I'm gone or not. Technically I won't be at home... but the point is limit my internet access. Maybe I can post if it's during the school day at the tournament and I can get access. We'll see. I do check my email daily so if you want to send me a message, it would be very welcomed!

No comments: