Thursday, February 15, 2007

Just a long day

I had to get to school a little early to meet the many students that I gave detentions to. Most of them showed up. Most of the students have brought their grades above passing. I've been quite generous. Immediately after school I had to go pick up checks from the administration building and then I stayed so students could finish up work in my room. I was there until 7:00. I came home and made some rice and heated up the left over chili. It was yummy. I watched CSI & Shark (and recorded it for Josh). I remembered that I needed to pack and get some clothes washed for tomorrow. I got some in the washer and pulled the knob and nothing. I checked the outside pipe which was clear, but water in the hose leading to wash inside the garage was frozen. I had to get my hair dryer out and defrost it. I finally got the load started and now it's bed time. It's actually past what has usually been my bed time lately. I have to be ready to leave in the morning since I'm heading down to San Antonio directly after school and won't be coming back through Canyon.
I finally heard from Josh this morning and he made 2nd chair in the concert band. I wished he had made symphonic, but he still did a chair better than last year. He said he found a clarinet that he liked and it was only $4000. Yeah... ONLY $4000. Maybe a rich benefactor will read my blog and take pity on me and send me a check. And maybe pigs will fly.
Well, I'm crashing so I better get to bed. I don't know if I'll get to report again until I get back. I'll take my laptop with me, but I'm not sure about getting connected.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Awesome - you are very self sufficient; I'm not sure I'd have been able to figure out why no water came out...well let me give myself some credit, I live in the north and can come to the conclusion my pipes might be frozen but to figure out exactly where and to unfreeze them - genius! Have a great trip.

Andrew said...

Hey Gal!

I will be thinking of you. You have a safe trip and tell Josh I said congrats on the new girlfriend.