Sunday, February 11, 2007

Day of Rest

Well, that is what Sunday is supposed to be, but since I did absolutely nothing yesterday, I had to get some work done today. I've done two loads of dishes and some laundry. I cleared off my bathroom counter and vacuumed and picked up the living room. It's not enough, but it's a start. I should have enjoyed my weekend more, but there wasn't anything for me to do other than clean. I did go to the Adult Faith formation class today and then to Mass and sang in the choir (if you call four people a choir). I finally watched one of the episodes of Monk that I missed two weeks ago. Now I have to watch Psych and then last week's shows. I should be working on stuff for school, but I know that's not going to happen. I have more laundry to do, but am waiting for the dishes to finish.

I'm contemplating what I should give up for Lent as it is fast approaching and there's not much that I indulge in that I could really give up. I guess I could give up blogging, but it's one of the few things that keeps me sane and the only friends I seem to have these days are my blogging friends. I have several acquaintances in real life, but very few actual "friends." Even if I wanted to go out and do something, there's nobody to do it with. It does make me feel a bit lonesome, but such is life. I don't even care about a relationship any more. I've come to the conclusion and realization that I'm not ready for one at the moment. I don't care that Valentine's is coming up. For me it's just another day. Right now what I miss is having a real life friend. Someone you call up from time to time...go out or go shopping.

My blog friends are very dear to me and if we all didn't live 100's or 1000's of miles away, I'm sure we'd get together often. I guess it's easier for people to get to know me through my blog than in real life. I don't know what it is, but I'm still kind of a loner it seems. Well, no use sitting here complaining about it. Just an observation on my part.

3 comments:

Billy said...

An observation we both share. I am in the same boat. However, please dont' give up blogging. I don't know what I would do if you didn't post every day. It's a part of my routine. Crazy, huh? How someone reading about your life is a routine in their own life. Surely we don't live that far away from each other?

Susanlee said...

I'm lonely too. Justin says it's an epidemic among women these days, and that if you search for "loneliness" there are thousands and thousands of sites and articles about how women don't have friends anymore. Sad, but true. We are however thinking that we might move to Canyon/Amarillo at some point in the nearish future...

Cheryl said...

I feel closer to some of my blogging friends than to the ones close by. I agree that it's something we bloggers share and are better off for.