Sunday, February 04, 2007

Superbowl Sunday

I can't remember the last time I watched a Superbowl. I don't think I've ever actually sat down and watched an entire game. Once in a while the t.v. is just while the game is airing, but rarely do I take the time to actually watch it. Yeah, some of the commericals are funny, but many of them just seem crass these days. It seems advertisers mostly think that it's only sex that sells. It gets old really fast. I've never been invited to or had a superbowl party... not that I would go or have one, but an invitation might be nice. So I'm here, home alone, and actually have the game blaring in the background. Josh has been invited to a party by a student that is on my speech team. I'm not sure what is going on there, but I think it's at least some mild flirtation or something going on. She's a nice girl, so I'm not worried about it. He is driving to Hereford right now, however and I still worry about him driving by himself. It's just a parent thing, I guess.

The tournament on Friday and Saturday went pretty well. It was a large tournament with some tough competition. One of my students finally got the last point he needed to qualify in Humorous interpretation. I wasn't sure if we'd get a sweepstakes trophy as there were only five events from Hereford in finals. But Tascosa always gives out sweepstakes trophies to the top five schools, so we made it home with yet another one. I made the decision to not go to another tournament next weekend. I really need the break and it's not going to be affordable to go.

I made a hotel reservation for my trip down to San Antonio. I decided to not take a day off from school since I'm taking one next week to judge a debate tournament. I normally don't like to judge CX but I'll do it when I get paid to do it. For the San Antonio trip, I'm going to leave immediately after school and drive about 6 hours. That way I only have about 2 1/2 hours on Saturday morning. Josh's concert is at 11:00 and I learned last year, that it's a good idea to get to the theatre well in advance. I'm not sure if I'm going to stay the night in San Antonio that Saturday or just turn around and head back home. I just hope the trip is better than last year. I may try to visit my ex-husband while down there, but it will just depend on if he's available. You might think it's strange to be friends with an ex, but that's just the way I've always been. I've never had a bad break-up where I've had bad feelings for someone. Sure, I was a little bitter after my divorce, but not enough to hold the grudge. Marty and I are still friends though we hardly talk much. I talk to my ex-husband probably once or twice a month. I guess I don't see the point in staying bitter and angry because it doesn't affect anyone but yourself. Usually the other person as moved on and if you're the one holding a grudge, you're holding it alone and just making yourself miserable. O.k. enough soap box preaching.

Well, I guess I need to get some laundry done so I can appear decent tomorrow. My cold is better, but I'm still coughing a bit today. I'll probably take some tylenol p.m. early tonight and just try to get some extra sleep.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm not into the Superbowl either, but I agree, it would be nice to be invitied to a party. Like you, I had the game on in the background and watched the commercials when I remembered. I'm also on good terms with my ex. He's a great father to my daughter and pretty wise. He just wasn't a good husband.