Monday, February 12, 2007

A long week ahead

I actually have a full week at school ahead. I am leaving straight from school on Friday to start driving towards San Antonio. I will stop about 2 1/2 hours away and stay the night. My goal is to get to the theatre where the concert will be held by 10:00 a.m. Last year I barely made it and barely got a seat because of a very problematic check-out line at the hotel.

My students performed at the senior citizen center in Hereford today. I thought they did a pretty good job, but I could tell they hadn't worked on their pieces in a while. I did get to see my former mother-in-law which was very nice. I wish I could have stayed to visit longer, but I had to rush back to get to class.

Josh has been asked by his girlfriend to go to a retreat this Sunday. I don't know if he'll go (I am kind of doubting that he will) but at least he's thinking about it. I told him what I thought it might be like although I've only been to one myself. I did tell him that it shouldn't be like the thing he went to at the Baptist Church. No offense to any Baptists out there, but around here they tend to be a bit pushy and shoving the "you need to get saved or you'll go to hell" down kids throats isn't the best idea. I know that not all Baptist churches are like that, but that's pretty much what it was last time Josh went from what he tells me.

My haircut seems to be a good success. Most of my students seemed to like it and I heard that from one of them that Josh liked it too. I think it looks a little better now than it did in the picture. I'll try to post another one soon.

Well, that's all the exciting news in my world. Still need to do laundry and such. I actually need to force myself to get some school work done tonight. Hopefully it will happen but don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your like the blog I visit that has mentioned laundry. Ha, ha, ha. I need to do a load myself. When will our great scientist invent "self-cleaning" clothes? THey are already working on "self-cleaning houses".
-P

Anonymous said...

correction:
"Your like the [third] blog I've visited that has mentioned laundry."

I should take a break from the computer now.
-P