Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Non-romantic dinner for one

I don't know if Happy Valentine's Day is the right sentiment for everyone, but if it is, I hope yours is just grand. Mine has been uneventful and pretty much just another day. I did deliver flowers to Josh's girlfriend and she seemed to like them. I handed out about 10 detentions in class today to students that were missing assignments.

We did get the snow. I am still tired of it. It's not a lot, maybe 2 inches, but it's still annoying. I came home and went by the bank to get some temporary checks. I ran out of checks months ago and tried to get by without ordering more and have actually been pretty successful. But I'm discovering that there are still a few things here and there where I still need checks. I have to send in a check as a judge's bond for the state tournament. They hold it until I've met my entire judging obligation for the tournament. I really don't have to judge because I'm working in the tab room.

After the bank, I went to the grocery store (which is always packed when it snows) and picked up fixings for chili. It's the kind of night that calls for a bowl of chili (no beans) and rice. I think I'll put a log in the fireplace and curl up with a blanket and watch the Psych marathon that is on the Sci-Fi channel. I am finally learning that it's really quite o.k. to be alone. I have been over Marty for a long while. (Have you noticed I hardly ever mention him any more?) I'm learning that I really need to just deal with myself and my busy schedule and such before I give any more thought to relationships. There are those small things I miss, but right now, life is pretty good. (Knocking loudly on wood.)

So if you have someone special this Valentine's Day, I hope you have a wonderful evening together. If not, celebrate yourself instead.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I might just have to tell about my valentines day on my blog; not much different than yours my dear and I've had someone "special" for 20+ years!! lol

Women on the Verge said...

I spent the day with my kids... no school due to a blizzard dumping enormous quantities of snow on us. We had grilled cheese and tomato soup... my husband is out of town for the week, and I didn't want to make anything that would leave leftovers. I shoveled my walkway 4 times... Yep, I'd say it was pretty standard fare.


E of wotv