Sunday, February 25, 2007

Still Alive... Barely

Sorry I haven't updated. Not using the computer at home is really reaking havoc on my life. I still think it was the right thing to give up for Lent, because I am VERY aware of how much I miss it and use it. I am going to have to make some exceptions I realize as I use it for paying bills which need to be paid ASAP.

Well the tournament this weekend was quite interesting. I find myself in a bit of a quandry because I refuse to get (pardon the term) bitchy like many of the other coaches. There is quite a soap opera drama going on and my co-teacher really wants me to make waves which I don't really feel comfortable doing. There were some very wrong things that happened and I think one of my students got the short end of the stick because of it, butI don't think ruffling feathers is the best idea at this point. I really hate being in the middle of things and it's burdensome.

But on to the good news. I have two students qualified for Nationals. One of them is actually triple qualified as he qualified in three events although he can only go in one which will be dramatic interpretation. The other qualified in oratory. His speech was on how society would be better if we all lived according to the code of the Jedi. It's pretty creative. Unfortunately, he won't be able to go to Nationals because of a conflict. I also have two students that are first alternates for Nationals. One is a girl in extemporaneous speaking and the other is a boy in humorous interpretation.

I am working up at the school today trying to finalize everything for my workshop tomorrow. I have the powerpoints done and I'm trying to get a handout ready. But I decided to take a break and update my blog since I hadn't in a while. My dad called me yesterday and wanted Josh and I to go out to eat with him and my brother & his girlfriend/wife/mother of his child tonight. We're going to Outback steakhouse... YUM! It's a good thing it's not Friday so I can eat meat although I had steak last night so I probably won't order it.

There is so much to get done that I don't have any idea how I can possibly manage it. I need to get my house picked up, laundry done and get repacked for the trip to Dallas this week. I'll be gone Wednesday - Sunday for TFA State. What fun! At least I have some books to read and hopefully I will have a new mp3 player to take with me if I can just decide on which one I want!

Well, I gotta get finished with my workshop stuff. I will post again at least on Tuesday before going to TFA. Hope ya'll are having a good weekend. I gotta go read some blogs to catch up!

No comments: