Saturday, December 15, 2007

Almost don't know what to do with myself

I am sitting in my recliner in front of the t.v. simultaneously watching it, web surfing, and reading. O.k. I tend to focus on one and then randomly alter my attention to the others. I enjoyed sleeping in this morning. I woke sometime around 8:15 but I didn't actually get out of bed until 9:00. It was quite lovely.

I know you're all anxiously awaiting the report from last night's dinner thing. Well, it wasn't a dinner thing. It was snacks and wine and playing dominoes, but it was still fun. I was kind of worried that the guy (whose name is Wes) would be a bit out of my league from the description I was given. But he wasn't at all pretentious. He was very nice... maybe even a little soft-spoken, but not shy. He was very nice and has a good sense of humor. I am horrible at writing physical descriptions, but I will try. He's not very tall... maybe a few inches taller than me. He's thin and he didn't eat much. I, on the other hand, didn't hold back and had two plates full. I know that some women eat like birds when they are out on dates (though this wasn't really a date or even remotely close) but I figure that I should be myself. If someone decides they aren't interested because I happen to enjoy food, then it wouldn't work out in the long run. (At least that's my philosophy.) He has blue eyes and light brown hair that was short but wavy on top. He has a little bit of a crooked smile which I thought was charming.

We played a domino game called "Mexican Train." I picked it up pretty quickly but didn't do well in the beginning so I ended up in 4th place. I did win one of the games by getting rid of all my dominoes first. Wes, the statistician (that's what he does for a living), beat everyone. He seems to have a logical mind which is a plus.

So is this dating potential? I have no idea. I thought he was very nice. I have no earthly idea as to what his impression of me was. I was simply myself. If he happens to ask me on a date, I would certainly go out with him. I'm not sure how he felt about being set up but I guess he wasn't opposed to it. I didn't give him my number or anything, I thought that would be presumptions (and he didn't ask for it). I figured that if he's interested, he could easily get in touch with me. I simply enjoyed getting out for the evening, being around real people and having fun.

So that's my report. There's really nothing much to tell. Today I'm taking it easy and I'm definitely going to get my tree up today. I'm going to try to do some cleaning but mostly I'm going to be a bum. I'm thinking about taking a nap already.

We did get a little bit of snow. I took a picture earlier that I'll try to upload later today. The snow will probably be gone by tomorrow. It barely even blanketed the ground. Well, gotta get busy doing nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) You had a nice and relaxed evening.
Anything else is wait and see.