Sunday, December 30, 2007

Politically Speaking

I hate that I'm going to have to eventually vote for someone as President of the United States. First, you should know that I hate politics in general. I think it's really a bunch of hogwash and the fact that there's not a single candidate that I can agree with on every stance makes it difficult for me to decide on one that I should try put into office. I think that the people running simply like the idea of power and although a few get their actual viewpoints in there, most have a slew of other people around them telling what to think and write their speeches for them.

I haven't given the election much thought and I haven't spent time investigating the candidates. Tonight I decided to take a look. I first took a quiz on this site to figure out who in general I agreed with. Although I tend to have a conservative stance, I did take both the Republican and Democrat quizzes. And what I found out is that I still have no idea as to who I would vote for.

1 comment:

Mama Llama said...

Annabel, here is a very poignant speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjALf12PAWc

This is worth listening to. I don't know if it will, in all honesty, make any decisions easier for you but, as an educator yourself, best to fully educate and learn from the past.

Be well. Happy New Year to you. I wish you health, laughter and peace in 2008!