Thursday, December 20, 2007

Blogging at School Again

I slept in this morning and got here about five minutes before the first bell rang. I figured since it's just a work day, there's no reason to rush. I do have plans of things I'm going to work on, but I don't think it will take me the four hours that I have to be here until lunch. They are feeding us today.

Yesterday was fairly productive. I got home and had to drop off Josh's new prescription to be filled (which was an agonizing $50). I then went to Walmart and had my oil changed. I think I'm kind of like Andrew with a bit of social phobia when it comes to talking to mechanics. I often feel like they might try to take advantage of me and I'll spend more than I need to. I also didn't want to be chided for not taking care of things on my car. But Walmart was simple and there wasn't any fuss. I also spent 30 minutes in there without buying single thing. Can you believe it?

After that, I came home and picked up Josh to go to the Mall. It wasn't bad as I thought it would be. The parking lot wasn't full and they didn't have people directing traffic so it wasn't too crowded. I finally found something for my sister (a bamboo plant) and that's it. Josh and I looked at suits for him. I offered to buy him a suit instead of cash for Christmas, but he decided he wanted money. I wanted to get my hair cut, but Josh wouldn't let me. I guess I'll have to go on my own today or tomorrow.

We left the mall and then went to Outback steakhouse for dinner. Josh received $20 in gift cards from his director so we spent it and I paid the extra. It was a bit crowded and they had said it would be a 45 minute wait, but luckily we were seated within 20 minutes. After dinner, we went to the craft store and I got some cake decorating things for my brother's girlfriend since she is taking a class on it. After that, we headed home and I spent some time reading before bed and was asleep by 11:00.

Well, I better get started on the work I have planned. Hope you're all having a great day!

3 comments:

Billy said...

Hope you have another productive day. Wow, you got a lot accomplished yesterday! Are you just going in for a trim? I couldn't imagine you cutting off all of your beautiful hair.

Hope you have a great day!

Andrew said...

I am so excited you are going to get some time off. One of the perks of being a teachers. My mother always loved that about teaching as well. Saturday into Sunday they are already predicting wintry weather for you area of the panhandle. Be safe and travel with Godspeed.

BTW... I am envious of the trip to Outback. I have a weakness for their rockhampton ribeye. YUM! Hope you update tonight!

Leann said...

My kiddos wanted money instead of gifts this year, so that's what they got.

I cut my hair while at mom's. It's a cute fresher cut that does not make me look so old. and that's always a plus!

Hope you have/had an awesome day!

Oh, and I mention it just so if it was lost you can contact the post office, but I've not received anything.