Monday, December 31, 2007

Seven Things About Me

I was tagged by Abbagirl for this meme. I may have already done it in the past, but I can't find it so I'll try to come up with some answers that at least my new readers may not already know about me.

The "rules" for this meme are:
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share 7 facts about yourself.
4) Tag 7 random people and include links to their blogs.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. My favorite food is Spaghetti with meat sauce. It has been since I was a child and I never get tired of eating it. Of course I no longer eat it with my hands as I did as a child... but that might be fun.

2. I went to a taping of The Price is Right in hopes of becoming a contestant. It was an interesting experience filled with hope and then a total let down when you don't get called to "Come on Down" I'm glad I got to go before Bob Barker retired. It's just not the same with Drew Carey. At least they didn't give it to Rosie O'Donnell.

3. Most people are surprised to find out that I have a tattoo. I have a small Marvin the Martian on my shoulder blade on my back. I would like to get another tattoo on my ankle, but I haven't figured out what I really want (but something religious that represents my Catholic conversion). If I did get one on my ankle, I would have to cover it up when I wear a dress at school (which isn't very often). And yes, it did hurt.

4. One of my biggest pet peeves is people reading over my shoulder. I can't stand it when I'm trying to read a newspaper and they're reading the same thing and since I read fairly fast, they tell me to wait when I want to turn the page. I really don't read newspapers that much and then I only skim it... but it still bothers me.

5. I have a "thing" about memorizing numbers. I can remember all my phone numbers since 2nd grade. I know mine and Josh's driver's license and social security numbers along with my ex-husband's. I also still know birthdays of friends I had in junior high. I am a fountain of mostly useless information.

6. The only bones I've ever broken was when I broke my neck when I was four years old. I was hit by a car and I cracked two vertebra. Luckily my spinal cord was not affected (0bviously) and I eventually had surgery that fused them back together. I was donned the nickname of "steel neck" afterwards.

7. I am relatively shy. It is strange that I am a speech teacher and I teach others how to communicate. I'm not afraid of speaking in public or making presentations but I'm horrible at interpersonal communication with people I don't know. I think I do have a bit of social anxiety because I hate being in uncomfortable situations where I don't know what to say. I also hate doing business over the phone. I would rather do it in person.

8. Bonus - I love riding rollercoasters and have ridden about 125 different coasters to date. (It may be 124 - I need to check my count).

Well, that's it. My long time readers probably already know all of this. I'm a fairly open book on my blog.

I tag: Andrew, Summer, Susan, Terri, Cheryl, Leann, and Mago. (But no big deal if you don't want to play.)

1 comment:

Billy said...

I am going to Cedar Point in mid-July. I won't go on any coasters, but my kid will. I have heard they have some awesome ones up there. We have family that lives all through Ohio, so we are going to make a big vacation out of it.

Are you still going to Vegas this year? I am thinking about making a trip there as well. Josh has never been and I want to take him. I still think it would be fun to go around the same time you are going to be there. We can get together and hit some shows or go sight seeing. Too Fun!