Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Sick on Vacation

Typical, huh? I guess it's better than having to take a day off at school, but I did catch something on my trip. Yesterday I started developing the scratchy throat and today I could tell that my tonsils have swollen and my throat is raw. I drove the five hours home sipping a sprite just to appease my throat. I came home and immediately got into bed. I sent Josh for dinner at some point and I've pretty much stayed in bed since I've been home. Now I'm getting that tickly feeling that causes me to cough. I may need to take something to help me to sleep tonight.

I don't have anything exciting to share today other than the fact that I just don't feel well. The roads were fine for the most part despite snow falling yet again last night. There was only about a 10 mile stretch where it hadn't been cleared so I had to slow down some.

Well, I guess I'm just going to try to get some rest and take it easy and hope this thing passes. If not, I guess I'll have to go back to the doctor - I guess it's good that I got some Christmas money... though I kind of wanted to actually buy myself something with it.

1 comment:

Billy said...

Lots of Vitamin C, water, and rest. Rest and fluids should be top priority. This sucks. I am glad you made it home safe and sound. Update us when you get a chance. I'll catch up with you later when I get home from work.