1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Ripped out carpet
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any so therefore I had none to keep. I probably won't make a resolution, but I may set myself a goal of losing weight before my 20 year reunion. Can you believe I'm that old?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my brother's girlfriend had a baby. It's my brother's first natural child and their expecting another in February.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Yeah, right. I did get all the way to Wichita, KS this year, does that count? I was able to meet Abbagirl in person which I thoroughly enjoyed.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More money. More time. More friends. A date?????
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nothing comes to mind. It was a fairly uneventful year.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Giving up the internet at home for Lent. I will not do that again this year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Luckily I don't think I can consider anything I did as a particular failure this year.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
Books. 7th Harry Potter, Sue Grafton "T is for Trespass", and Janet Evanovich "Lean Mean Thirteen" and my mp3 player.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Well, I guess I've continued to be on my best behavior in the sense that I avoid anything considered to be a mortal sin. My son always merits celebration. He was given parts in both the one act play and musical last year. He was the only member of his speech team to qualify for TFA state, and he made All-State band again. Pretty impressive, I think. (Oh and he is in National Honor Society with about a 95 average.)
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
O.k. Andrew - this is a small thing so don't think because of this one thing I don't like you, but it really upset me when you pawned your camera this year. I'm glad you came to your senses and got it back. But please don't do it again. I wouldn't say it appalled and disgusted me... those are harsh words, but I wasn't happy about it.
13. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Never Alone by Barlow Girl. It became one of my favorites.
14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise. Reading. Cleaning.
15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
16. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Not at all.
17. What was your favorite TV program?
Monk, Pysch, Chuck.
18. What was the best book you read?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
More money to pay bills and afford something luxurious like air conditioning. Being able to ride some new coasters.
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I have no concept of fashion. I wear the same clothes over and over because I can't afford to update my wardrobe more than once a year. Maybe I need to go on What Not to Wear.
21. What kept you sane?
Going to church and blogging.
22. Who did you miss?
Sometimes my mom still.
23. Who was the best new person you met?
I only met a handful of new people this year, but I appreciate all of them. It was awesome to meet Abbagirl. Then there are my neighbors from Church that set me up to meet a new guy (Susie & Don), the new speech teacher at my son's school, Stefanie, and although I haven't met them in person, I enjoy knowing all my new blog readers like Leann, Cheryl, Terri, and Mago.
24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2007.
A teenager should have a minor fender bender to help him be a more cautious driver. It pays to have good tires on your car.
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.Yeah when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles
I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
Yeah when I get where I'm going
Don't cry for me down here