Saturday, June 11, 2005

Susan's Interview Answers

Here are Susan's Answers from her interview of me.

First, so everyone knows: The Rules
Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

So here goes:

1. You obviously have a really smart, talented, well adjusted kid. If you knew that you could get the *exact same kid* if he came about during a different time in your life, would you change your history?

Absolutely not. I think everything happens at the right time for the right reasons. Although it was difficult having Josh in the midst of college and raise him as a single parent, it was because of him that I was able to finish college because I started receiving grants and scholarships. So, no I wouldn't change a thing.

2. I've looked at your incredible Marvin the Martian collection on your personal site. How long have you been collecting, and what first sparked your interest in this particular alien?

I have been collecting since 1994. It started with a shopping trip to Lubbock thinking, "you know I don't really collect anything, maybe I should." On that trip I bought my first Marvin watch and it snowballed from there. Once I got involved in riding coasters, I started getting all sorts of things at the park and ebay has helped with the collection as well. I don't know why I picked Marvin exactly, but I like him. I think he's cute and simply misunderstood. Kind of like me.

3. When do you feel the most beautiful/together/elegant?

When I take the time to really dress up and am not rushing to put myself together like most mornings. Probably when I wear a fancy dress at the big company events that I used to go to. I love to wear formal dresses, but rarely find the occasion to do so.

4. What first sparked your interest, and what ultimately inspired you to convert to catholocism?

Short answer is because of Marty and his family. It started as simply talking about his Catholic background and I just got to thinking I wanted to learn more about it and then it just kind of took off. If you want the actual full story, you can click on my conversion story link.

5. If you won an all inclusive vacation to any place in the world, with the stipulation that you could only take one average size suitcase, that you had to stay for at least 6 months, that you wouldn't be able to communicate to anyone in English, would you make the trip, and where would you go?

Probably not. Although I'd like to think of myself as adventurous, I don't think there's any place I'd want to go for that long of a time period and not being able to communicate in English would make it difficult. And I'd miss my family and all of that. But then again when I think about going back to the Caribbean and lying by the pool day after day etc... well, no I think I would even get tired of it after six months. So I guess I'd have to pass up on the offer.

Enjoy. Interview me when you're through!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. See you on internet.
Jalberto :)