Friday, September 09, 2005

I gave in

I went ahead and decided to get Josh a cell phone and do the family plan despite it being more expensive. I have justified it, however. I decided to cancel long distance on my home phone and will only use it on my cell phone. That saves me $20 a month and I was already planning on spending an extra $10 for Josh's phone so it evens out. I also upgraded my phone so we have the same phone right now. At some point we'll have to get different covers or something so that they will be distinct.
Most of my students actually go their letters finished today. After the situation when they didn't do the work for the sub and then after another day of working on their letters, I finally told those that hadn't finished their rough draft that they had to have it done by the end of class on Thursday, otherwise, they would receive a detention and finish it in my room at 7:45 a.m. on Friday. Miraculously they seemed to get it done. Not everybody finished it completely today and I'm still disappointed that they are not following instructions, but am happy that most at least will be mailed.
I had to get creative in order to find some of the addresses of the people they were writing to. At this point only about 2 or 3 of them don't have addresses and that is because they didn't tell me that they couldn't find them. I'm not sure about them writing to some of the rappers that they wanted to, but since it was the only person they were interested in, I figured I might as well let them in order to get them to do the task.
I also found out at the END of school today that I have to go to more training next week and take another day off. I really hate going to useless training and planning around a substitute. I don't mind when I go to convention because a. it's fun and b. I actually learn useful information and get stuff I can use in my classes.
Well, I'm off to bed. I'm thoroughly exhausted now.

No comments: