Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Still alive and kicking

Yes, I'm still a bit on the sick side as I can still feel something going on in my chest and my voice is hoarse. (No thanks to me lecturing to my classes all day) I also have a runny nose of sorts, but I don't really feel bad, so that's good I guess. I think having a bloody mary last night really helped.

What's new you ask? Not a whole lot. Went on the date on Saturday. I'm not sure what to say about it though. I'll probably post more in my other blog. He is a very nice guy, but a bit on the young side for me. It's just a few years, but I can really tell a difference. I think he's the kind of guy I could be really good friends with, but perhaps not dating material. Dinner and the movie was good and I was able to hear some of his music. He's very talented and is passionate about his music. He has a website if you want to check out some of his sounds.

Teaching is still going well. I'm kind of getting into a groove with it now. The hardest part for me is really getting prepared in advance so I can get copies of my materials made. I'd much rather have the opportunity to do my own copying I guess. Though it is nice to not have to stand around during my conference to wait for a machine and do it all. Although I'm still frustrated with some things at the school, I can't really complain about my classes and teaching in general. For thinking that I would absolutely hate it, I am pleasantly surprised. Sure, there's kids in some classes that are annoying, but even the worst are not that bad. I wish I had my computer situation resolved, but I probably shouldn't hold my breath on that matter.

My financial situation still sucks majorly, but there's nothing I can do about it really. All I can do is wait until pay day and pray for a child support check. Hmmm... maybe it's time to get my rosary out again.

Speaking of which... I start RCIA tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to it. I should write down some of the questions that have been swirling in my head from time to time, but I haven't thought about some of them for a while. I am really looking forward to learning more about the Catholic Church.

Tonight I have to get my substitute instructions ready for Thursday. More exciting training to go to! (Happy, happy, joy, joy... NOT) Tomorrow I won't get a conference since I have to meet with the principal. Luckily I got caught up on grades today and won't have to do any of that. Maybe I'll even get to watch some t.v. tonight!

That is all that's going on in my world at the moment. And thanks to Cheshire and Grumpy for thinking of me while I wasn't feeling good.

No comments: