Monday, September 26, 2005

Mondays

I need more sleep now. I just posted about having enough, but going to speech tournaments and then then having a busy Sunday makes for a very short weekend.

The speech tournament was great. My students did very well and we ended up winning first place sweepstakes. I had one student that was added in the oratory event on Thursday. She planned (not wrote) her speech on the bus on the way up there and ended up taking first place. But it was a long day. I got up at 4:30 on Saturday, left for the tournament by 6:00 a.m., and didn't get home until 12:30 Sunday morning.

On Sunday, I went ahead and went to early mass at 8:30, then had our Adult Faith Formation class. I came home and made some lunch. I then got a phone call from Josh's paternal grandfather. He called to say he was in Amarillo and would like to come visit Josh. I told him that he was more than welcome to. He came with his ex-wife (Josh's grandmother). They stayed for about 20 minutes and visited with us. They said that they wanted to stay in touch and keep up with Josh. I think Josh really appreciated the effort. Josh does want to get to know his other family and I think he should. I am glad they are reaching out and making the effort.

Today was a long day at school. I guess I haven't quite caught up on sleep. After I got home, I took a nap for about an hour and a half and now I'll be headed to bed soon. I did get a little work done, but there's still more to do. Maybe I'll get caught up one of these days. Luckily, the next speech tournament isn't until the end of October.

Just wanted to give you a quick update. Nothing new in my love life or anything else remotely exciting.

No comments: